[DML] Re: Limit Users.

*WARNING* The following words are written by Bill Robertson. If you do not want to read words written by Bill Robertson, stop reading this post immediately.

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

To the best of my knowledge I am the first person to run a 4 gauge ground bus from one end of the car to the other, with every single ground junction tied into it (I had never even heard of the ground junction behind the HVAC central plenum). I unwrapped nearly every inch of #2508's wiring harness to create the following schematic:
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/311857_266950950016829_100001057778755_815308_1928382016_n.jpg
I have traveled free of charge to two owners houses to help them install ground buses in their own cars, one of whom lives more than 700 miles away from me.

Whatever you think about carburetion, I have made 15 conversions (13 complete, 2 partial at owners' request) from scratch. These are in addition to my own cars. I don't charge a penny for my labor. I have traveled free of charge to Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Kentucky, Virginia, and New York, as well as within North Carolina, to help owners install their conversions.

I thought I was the first person to install Byrnes LCA's and Ed's brackets together, but Luke Sandel holds that distinction. Even so, I advocate the combination to any owner who wants his or her car to "handle like a modern car" (a direct quote from one of the owners who
test drove my car at DMA FFT'11.

Speaking of which, I have let many people drive my car over the years. Brandon Barber drove it all the way to Dahlonega GA. I also drove to Dahlonega to deliver another owner to pick up his own car (the trip where I drove through the tornado). Of course neither owner was charged a single penny or asked for any kind of reimbursement. I drove all the way to Lousiana to install one Helicoil in an owner's heads (after showing him how they worked, he installed the other three while I watched).

Other improvements I have explained in great detail for everyone's benefit: single piece headliner (looks much more professional than two pieces overlapping each other), HEI (drove to Georgia to help an owner make a custom set of MSD plug wires as part of his HEI upgrade), affordable dual exhaust (two owners have surprised me at gatherings with cars they modified similarly without my foreknowledge, and two other owners have sent me pictures), SMD LED array in the courtesy light fixtures (significantly brighter than hemispherical LED bulbs -- I sent an array free of charge to an  owner who asked, and I still owe one to a certain club president), etc.

Speaking of LED's: lots of people have oohed and ahhed over my door lights, but to the best of my knowledge no one else has duplicated them yet:
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/319943_266956406682950_100001057778755_815319_1097101003_n.jpg
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/392407_267173789994545_100001057778755_816318_1797256303_n.jpg

The list goes on & on: upside down headlight brackets & buckets (so you don't have to dig around in the fascia to access the upper screws), solid black console insert (http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/379744_267042076674383_100001057778755_815765_65966673_n.jpg -- wait 'til you see it in conjunction with the carpets I am dying black...), helper springs for the door bellcrank and metal eyes for the front lock rod, low cost R134 conversions (I showed owners how to make adapters to use engine vacuum long before parts houses rented vacuum pumps), etc. Using Dave Delman's bulkhead diagrams, I have helped several owners identify unnecessary wires for removal. I've also helped owners identify wires within the car for custom lighting.

Speaking of which, I believe I had one of the first cars with footwell lighting, originally incandescent but now LED: http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/385223_266955840016340_100001057778755_815317_84748342_n.jpg

Enough, or do you need more?

I have traveled from New York to New Orleans, free of charge, to help owners with their cars. I generously share information from my experiments and innovations (did you see where I recently made a single piece speedometer cable for $7.49 -- it's still working BTW). I have never charged a single penny for any of my labor.

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

Bill Robertson

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jack Singer <jack4545@...> wrote:

> I have met hundreds of Delorean owners over the years.  Many have been to my house, I have hosted events and I have never run across anyone as negative as you Bill or Claude.  Everyone I met would give you the shirt off of their back and a few like Rob, Evil Dan and others went far beyond to help me and others get their cars running properly.
> So instead of putting down the car, how about working in a positive fashion and make this car what it could be versus complaining about it.  People are tired of hearing about your negative opinion when they are working so hard to make their car right...
> Just my two cents.
> Jack.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional