Re: [DML] Took a dive in the Ocean was.The COMPLETE DeLorean crash test
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [DML] Took a dive in the Ocean was.The COMPLETE DeLorean crash test videos,



Claude - that proves my point.  If the frame was all that flexible, all 4 wheels 
would be on the ground even if the suspension on one corner was frozen in a 
compressed position.  


 --
Mike




________________________________
From: "cbl302@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cbl302@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed, March 21, 2012 8:28:25 AM
Subject: Re: [DML] Took a dive in the Ocean was.The COMPLETE DeLorean crash test 
videos,

  
I remember trying to push down and compress the front-end..it was stiff as a 
board..the sea water froze one or both shocks solid.. making it impossible to 
travel up or down..any Rusty colored items are due to the sea water..but 
absolutely no rust anywhere on the frame..engine was frozen solid from sea water 
getting in it..but since the engine has liners the block was fine..crankshaft 
was fine after cleaning etc.

Because of the mild steel frame construction, the flex was harmless to the 
frame,as shortly after removing the engine from the frame I placed the Black 
body back on the frame..it then sat with all wheels on the ground.

Claude

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Michael Griese <mike.griese@...> wrote:
>
> Was the suspension on the right front free to travel or was the shock frozen?
> 
>  --
> Mike
> 
> 
> 
> 
> ________________________________
> From: "cbl302@..." <cbl302@...>
> To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Sent: Wed, March 21, 2012 7:19:57 AM
> Subject: Re: [DML] The COMPLETE DeLorean crash test videos, report and more.
> 
> 
> The frame/Car was Only Less than Two Years old ..that Pic was taken in 1982 or 

> 83..in a Nutshell(most likely) THE First Private(non-business) Disassembly of a 
>
> Delorean. In other words This was revelatory NEW METAL...If DMC started to 
> produce cars in March 1981..when this picture was taken that Frame at the 
>Oldest 
>
> was LESS that 24 Months old...OFF the factory floor.
> 
> So this frame WAS NOT aged in any way(at the time the picture was taken)
> 
> Claude
> 
> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Michael Griese <mike.griese@> wrote:
> >
> > I think that picture shows the frame is relatively stiff.  If the right front 
>
> > suspension was compressed over time and the shock seized, the fact that the 
> > wheel is not touching the ground indicates the frame is stiff.
> > 
> >  --
> > Mike
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > ________________________________
> > From: "cbl302@" <cbl302@>
> > To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Sent: Tue, March 20, 2012 10:56:48 PM
> > Subject: Re: [DML] The COMPLETE DeLorean crash test videos, report and more.
> > 
> > 
> > Pics are in the Photos section..here is the link... of the Delorean frame 
>with 
>
> 
> > the Flex..and other pics were also added...Under Took a dive in the 
>Ocean..back 
>
> >
> > from 1983
> > 
>>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews/photos/album/98685147/pic/list?mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&dir=asc
>c
> >c
> > 
> > 
> > Claude
> > 1024
> > Bric
> > 
> > --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Marc Levy <malevy_nj@> wrote:
> > >
> > > 
> > > <scratches head>
> > > 
> > > Maybe I am missing something, but if the frame is solid enough to support 
>one 
>
> >
> > >wheel off the ground (assuming because the shock was frozen, based on your 
> > >comment), that would go against your argument that the DeLorean frame is 
> weak.
> > > 
> > > If for whatever reason one wheel was higher than the others, and the frame 

> >was 
> >
> > >flexible, the wheel would be on the ground due to the frame 
flexing/bending.
> > > 
> > > 
> > > --- On Tue, 3/20/12, cbl302@ <cbl302@> wrote:
> > > 
> > > > 
> > > > I have a pic somewhere with a rolling Frame with Frozen
> > > > front shocks(the Ocean Car/Frame)and one wheel was off the
> > > > ground from the flex. Tells you How "mild steel" the frame
> > > > really was/is..and this was in late 1982 with a 100%
> > > > perfectly epoxy coated frame with ZERO epoxy cracks or
> > > > peelings..
> > > > 
> > > > Claude
> > > > 1024
> > > > Bric
> > > >
> > >
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
> 
> 
> 
> 
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>


 

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------------------

To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
moderators@xxxxxxxxxxx

For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see www.dmcnews.com

To search the archives or view files, log in at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnewsYahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    dmcnews-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 
    dmcnews-fullfeatured@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    dmcnews-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/



Home Back to the Home of PROJECT VIXEN


Copyright 2006 ProjectVixen.com.  All rights reserved.

Opinions expressed in posts reflect the views of their respective authors.
DMCForum Mailing List Archive  DMCNews Mailing List Archive  DMC-UK Mailing List Archive