From: "cbl302@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cbl302@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed, March 21, 2012 8:28:25 AM
Subject: Re: [DML] Took a dive in the Ocean was.The COMPLETE DeLorean crash test
videos,

I remember trying to push down and compress the front-end..it was stiff as a
board..the sea water froze one or both shocks solid.. making it impossible to
travel up or down..any Rusty colored items are due to the sea water..but
absolutely no rust anywhere on the frame..engine was frozen solid from sea water
getting in it..but since the engine has liners the block was fine..crankshaft
was fine after cleaning etc.

Because of the mild steel frame construction, the flex was harmless to the
frame,as shortly after removing the engine from the frame I placed the Black
body back on the frame..it then sat with all wheels on the ground.

Claude

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Michael Griese <mike.griese@...> wrote:

> Was the suspension on the right front free to travel or was the shock frozen?
>
>  --
> Mike

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional