Re: [DML] RAFFLE CAR

Where are the tickets available and for how much?

In a message dated 3/19/2012 11:35:59 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
kKoncelik@xxxxxxx writes:

UNFORTUNATLY the raffle car did not make the St Patricks day  Parade due to
a real DUH.
We had the car running for 20 minutes no problem  then it built up back
pressure and blew through the water bottle.
Found out  a piece of debris was blocking the return hose.  That is all it
took.
We did not have time yesterday to flush the system like we wanted to  after
we found some sediment in the cooling lines.
Cleaned them all out but  some of the stuff floated and blocked the bottle
line.
Completely flushed  the lines today until it flowed clear and let it run
for an hour
Never got  past the first line and all is well.
DUH.
could have had 24
We had  the driver.
See what lack of sleep will do.
The premise of this was we  found a small leak in the radiator and thought
the water pump had a small  leak.
So we replaced both. (turned out to be a loose clamp under the  intake, but
we replaced the pump anyway.
Found some gunk in the cooling  lines and did a real quick clean up of the
cooling lines since it was  1AM
Should have just taken the time and flushed the system.
Thought it  could wait till after.

Oh well.
Car runs great. Still needs some  minor cosmetic stuff and window motors
which it will get this weekend or  next
but overall it looks good.
Replaced the binnacle and drivers seat  with new covers along with the
water pump, radiator and while we were there
some of the hoses.  Taking it to Dave Bauerles for a once over at his
place for a few days.  Nothing in particular just letting another set of
eyes look at it.

Radiator is the 3 finned one so it runs real  cool.

Tickets are going fast for a great running car.  We are  getting about 5
per day which at this stage is above average.
This is my  15th car that we have gotten back on the road and looks like
number 16 rolled  in last night.
No info on it yet.
Ken

[Non-text portions  of this message have been  removed]

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)