[DML] Re: Alternate Fuels..

Actually they do...America...indeed the world runs on energy...

If the price of energy goes up...so does everything else INCLUDING wages...

Everything is intertwined  with fuel costs it cost more to produce a product or a service..into which more wages are needed to pay for these products or services..otherwise we have what we had in 2008...you know a meltdown of our economy..

Again the point being it is basically a moot point....

When cars got Lousy gas mileage gas was Cheap

When cars get great gas mileage gas gets expensive

As for what you are saying below..that is like watching the daily ups and Downs of the stock market...both are very volatile..both have had their highs and lows..but you MUST look at the long term prospects to see what has happened in both sectors.

Bottom line a little bit of corruption mixed in with some greed and capitalistic profiteering..regardless to who or what it hurts..is what makes our energy prices what they are...

Claude
1024
Bric

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207" <brobertson@...> wrote:

> First & foremost: oil companies have nothing to do with minimum wage. If minimum wage fails to keep pace with transportation costs, people need to complain to their congressional representatives, not Exxon.
>
> Regarding your theory: gasoline pump prices are highly variable and have been all over the map in the past few years alone. For example, in July 2008 average pump prices peaked at $4.12. By December that same year average pump prices has dropped to $1.61 -- a more than 60% *DECREASE*: http://gasbuddy.com/gb_retail_price_chart.aspx
>
> Bill Robertson
>

> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cbl302@" <cbl302@> wrote:
> >
> > That's Fine if you are going at the price on the pump..the point I was making is that when cars were averaging 9-11MPG Big Oil was making their money on VOLUME...since of course cars used more fuel per mile..unlike today big oil makes it's money not on volume sold but on how much it could squeeze out of your wallet.
> >
> > As far as being able to afford gas in the early 1970's I was working part time..and going to school making $2.85 per hour..meaning fuel was 1/7 of my hourly pay vs today at 13.85 per hour(what I would be making at my first job)at 3.50 per gallon...clearly it was less on the wallet back then...BESIDES I COULD AFFORD THREE GTO's on Part time pay back then...heck Today..I could barely afford ONE of those GTO's today...
> >
> > Claude
> > 1024
> > Bric
> >

> > --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207" <brobertson@> wrote:
> > >
> > > A 1970 dollar is not equivalent to a 2012 dollar. Adjusted for inflation (CPI Index), 40 cents in 1970 is equivalent to $2.34 in 2012. Using your data, inflation adjusted per mile fuel costs are about half today than in 1970: 10 cents per mile versus 21 cents per mile.
> > >
> > > Here are some graphs that show historical pump prices adjusted for inflation:
> > > http://inflationdata.com/inflation/images/charts/Oil/Gasoline_inflation_chart.htm
> > > http://zfacts.com/sites/all/files/image/energy/Gas-Price-History.png
> > > http://www.randomuseless.info/gasprice/gasprice2.png
> > >
> > > Prices really aren't as bad as people think.
> > >
> > > Whether or not the stuff is running out, whether or not we are polluting ourselves into extinction, whether or not we are grinding to a congested halt, etc are valid concerns irrespective of pump price.
> > >
> > > Bill Robertson

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: