[DML] Re: Alternate Fuels..

Unless you can store Hydrogen at very high pressures and/or very low temperatures you cannot store enough. Burning it in an IC engine is way too inefficient. Much better to power a fuel cell but a LOT more expensive. There is also the explosive/flammability problems to overcome. Right now even at $5 a gallon for gasoline, there is no viable economic alternative. If you did do a conversion it could take many years to recoup your investment. Possibly longer than the life of the car you convert. And that is with a much reduced range.
David Teitelbaum

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Marc Levy <malevy_nj@...> wrote:

> How about hydrogen?  You can do an electric conversion, and use hydrogen fuel cells..  OR, you can burn hydrogen directly in the internal combustion engine (and switch back to gasoline on the fly).
>
> I like the idea of hydrogen because you can also generate it yourself, in your home... Even cheaper than CNG.  If you want to be "green" power the hydrogen generator with wind/solar.
>
> Looks like someone is already selling this idea;
>
> http://www.switch2hydrogen.com/h2.htm
>
> With a 10K price tag, it would still take a while to recoup the cost.
>
> But-  just another idea for discussion.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: