Re: [DML] Re: Let's settle this once & for all...

Re: [DML] Re: Let's settle this once & for all...

Some ideas for improving this forum include:
- No personal slams, insults, flames, name-calling and the like
- If you want to make a comment that could be misinterpreted, make sure
you indicate clearly what you meant or add some emoticons
- Just because you personally don't like or agree with a
subject/comment/topic doesn't mean you should reply
- Constructive criticism is always better received than destructive
criticism.
- We can make a lot better progress by encouraging creativity versus
stifling creativity. Ideas initially bad can lead to great ideas when
built upon rather than bashed upon.

I may not agree with every comment or DeLorean mod I've seen but that is
their perogative and if they show particular bias or pride towards that
mod that also is their prerogative. If we end up going back to a
moderated forum, let's make sure we have the correct rules established (
and published).

Nick

birdwell77095 wrote , ----On 2/28/2012 1:49 PM ---------------------------:

> Bob,
> I agree with you. The cars are meant to be fun and enjoyable. We need
> to develop some tolerance in the community for opposing ideas. I'm
> glad that there is a lot of experimentation or engineering going on
> with the cars. I'm glad people are sharing their ideas and
> experiences. There's no need to attack someone else's setup whether
> stock or not. Some people go back to older technology that has worked
> fine for them. Several people have done this and have been happy with
> the results. Others, including myself, have or will be trying out
> newer technology. I'm taking on the challenge of converting to EFI. If
> I get the chance, I'll look forward to seeing Bill or anyone else's
> carburated engine. It's the sharing of ideas and engineering that
> helps make Delorean ownership even more interesting.
>
> Shannon
> VIN 16113
>
> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:dmcnews%40yahoogroups.com>, Bob
> Brandys <BobB@...> wrote:
> >
> > Steven,
> >
> > You are exactly 'stop' on in this issue. People seem to have lost
> tolerance. I respect everyone's
> > opinion, even if I may not agree with it. Bill has done some very
> good engineering upgrades
> > to his car. So have other individuals. Nobody is wrong.
> >
> > The bipartisan politics of the two dysfunctional parties in the
> country has lead to a legislative
> > stalemate and the bankruptcy of the country.
> >
> > What happened to the "live and let live" attitude of the 60s?
> >
> > I am still an old hippy and am so disappointed by society today. The
> US and its culture has retrogressed as
> > since the 1980s.
> >
> > Bob

<*> Your email settings: