Re: [DML] Re: Hotels, chats, DeLoreans

It has been said, "the opposite of love is not
hate, but apathy", and I have noticed very few
apathetic DeLorean owners.  We are often on our
own with these cars and depend on each other in
these forums for help.  Brotherhood?, I've beat
the crap out of my brother many times but I still
love him and know I can count on him whenever I need him.

At 05:32 PM 2/21/2012, you wrote:

>I must say that I am also extremely disappointed
>with the messages I read on here. In addition to
>my DeLorean, I also own a 1960 Buick and am a
>member of the Buick Club of America. In those
>forums, there is a sense of brotherhood which is
>greatly appreciated. The way people bash one
>another on this forum is really disappointing.
>
>On Feb 20, 2012, at 11:30 PM, "content22207"
><<mailto:brobertson%40carolina.net>brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > We're all in a bitchy mood because our
> fingers still hurt where we burned the shit out
> of them accidentally touching our cars while
> they sat outside in the direct sunshine.
> >
> > Bill Robertson
> >
> > --- In
> <mailto:dmcnews%40yahoogroups.com>dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
> "team_musclecar" <musclecargarage@...> wrote:
> > >

> > > I've had it - and finally have to say
> something. I purchased my dream Delorean,
> because from the time I first heard of it in
> 1976at age 16, I knew I wanted one. Got mine -
> love it. 35 years of passionate waiting paid off.
> > >
> > > However, in an attempt to learn more, meet
> folks with the same passion - I joined these
> groups. First and last post here . . .
> > >
> > > I can honestly say - that I have never,
> ever heard as much bitching, complaining,
> personal attacks on each other, and just plain
> nonsense as I have seen/heard/experienced on this (and the other) site.
> > >
> > > What the hell is the matter with you
> people?!? When someone tries to do something
> nice for others, he gets attacked. When one
> tries to ask for advice, same thing. When one
> tries to give advice, same thing. Almost every
> topic, whether it is about the cool Florida
> show, or how best to fix a problem - turns into
> some kind of ugly, 'beer-muscles' type of
> argument, pissing contest, or just plain BS.
> > >
> > > Enough. Count me out. I'll keep reading the
> manuals, the books, doing my own research. If I
> need someone, I know who to call. I think from
> now on, I'm going to physically meet people, at
> shows and conventions, what have you - instead
> of attempting anything here or elsewhere.
> Sometimes the 'old-fashioned' ways are best.
> > >
> > > It's about the cars . . .not he said/she
> said, screen shots and all the other minutia.
> It is about the DeLorean DMC-12. At least it is for me.
> > >
> > > Bye . . .
> > >
> > > --- In
> <mailto:dmcnews%40yahoogroups.com>dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

> first created.. Mostly by discussion on this very forum.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)