Re: [DML] New Internet Based Forum
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [DML] New Internet Based Forum



FWIW Bill, I agree with you on this one..  However, I think you made your point so unless you have any new information why continue the conversation here when you were asked not to?

Personally, I ENCOURAGE you to let the community know of any NEW INFORMATION on any of the topics you like to harp on.  We all know, I have been guilty of this too over the years (DMC Trademarks anyone?!)  But I have tried my best to at least let a few months go by before repeating the same information again.

What goes on at DMCTalk has frustrated me too.  I alerted Tamir to my concerns, and as owner of the site-  he is free to address them as he sees fit...  and, I am free to not participate in that forum.  It is a loss for all of us that there is no single free (in the sense of uncensored, and unmolested) forum for owners to communicate.  With that said, you have a knack for pissing people off-  I feel it is your intent, so having the moderators on any forum specifically approve your posts may be a good thing in your case, with maybe an "uncensored area" where you (or anyone) can post whatever you want unmoderated, and people who want the filter don't have to read that.  There is NEVER an excuse for moderators editing posts.

As bad as social media is (FaceBook, Google+), maybe that will work better for your Bill?  Nice thing about those forums is you control everything that follows your name.  Why not try using one of those?  People who are interested in what you have to say can subscribe to your feed, and interact with you on your own page/terms.  If you piss them off, they can stop reading your stuff.  You can also control who can see your posts, it is very flexible.  


--- On Sat, 2/11/12, content22207 <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From: content22207 <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [DML] New Internet Based Forum
> To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Saturday, February 11, 2012, 8:14 PM
> Does Mike have the ability to delete
> previously posted messages? The BBS I just installed has
> that capability (though I intend never to use it). If Mike
> wants to delete my message, I have no complaint. It served
> its purpose -- users who read both forums now know I was not
> ignoring them.
> 
> It was very frustrating to have users accuse me of ignoring
> them when in fact I was doing everything in my power to
> respond. Just as moderators changing message texts to make
> it appear a user said something he did not in fact say (can
> I hear an "Amen" Marc?), not allowing a user to respond to
> repeated attempted contacts makes it appear a user is
> ignoring or does not care when in fact he does. 
> 
> Users ask for reply -> I try to reply -> moderators
> block reply -> users think I am ignoring them. Does not
> compute.
> 
> Bill Robertson
> #5939



------------------------------------

To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
moderators@xxxxxxxxxxx

For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see www.dmcnews.com

To search the archives or view files, log in at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnewsYahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    dmcnews-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 
    dmcnews-fullfeatured@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    dmcnews-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/



Home Back to the Home of PROJECT VIXEN


Copyright 2006 ProjectVixen.com.  All rights reserved.

Opinions expressed in posts reflect the views of their respective authors.
DMCForum Mailing List Archive  DMCNews Mailing List Archive  DMC-UK Mailing List Archive