[DML] Re: Automatic Transmission Question

[DML] Re: Automatic Transmission Question

I understand you are not familiar with the automatic so this may seem complicated to you. It is possible to force shifts by using a modified light box where not only do you have lights to monitor what gear the shift computer is commanding, you can add switches and send power to the solenoids. I would only do it for testing purposes, it is distracting to do while you are driving. As Dave suggested, lock the quadrant arm in the middle and drive. If you feel it going through all of the gears you probably have a good transmission and shift computer. Be sure to check the transmission fluid AND the final drive oil. As bad as it may be to step on the brakes and have nothing, more likely one or more wheels will lock up and not release. I would not waste any time or fluid bleeding the brakes. Just rebuild the whole system. At least check and adjust the emergency brake before venturing onto the street!!!!!!!!
David Teitelbaum

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207" <brobertson@...> wrote:

> I just hope the bleeding of his brakes is a success. He lives in a very hilly neighborhood, which will add a whole new element of excitement to the maiden voyage of the SS DeLorean if he presses his foot to the floor and absolutely nothing happens.
>
> Makes me nostalgic for flat coastal plains.
>
> Bill Robertson
>

> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Farrar Hudkins <fhudkins@> wrote:
> >
> > If the cable is too slack or disconnected, the car will be in third gear
> > before it reaches 20 MPH. In order to avoid this, he can simply "manual
> > shift" by selecting 1, 2, and D as he accelerates. I did this for a while
> > when my car's cable was too slack. It was easy enough and made me nostalgic
> > for nothing.
> >
> > Farrar Hudkins
> >
> > --
> > Sent from my laser-guided nuclear-powered refrigerator, operated by its
> > crew of hyperintelligent pandimensional cyborg kittens, controlled remotely
> > via telekinetic sonic screwdriver.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: