From: Tom Niemczewski <dmctom@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [DML] Re: Manual transmission oil leak
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 12:28 PM

Hi Matt and everyone else,

Thank you all for the advice offered. You guys are great! ;)

Your advice is the best and this is the way I will go. I just spoke with
someone who knows how to seal engine parts and they suggested using an
anaerobic gasket maker. I just bought it online and will use that to reseal
my transmission. Thank you again for your help.

The transmission is removed from the car as is the engine. I have just
separated the transmission from the engine to inspect the clutch and to fix
any leaks that I might have. I will have no problem with separating the
transmission casing as it's just a few bolts now that the transmission is
sitting on the floor. I will be getting ready to put everything back onto
the new stainless frame and so this is the time take care of that.

The leak is not catastrophic but the lower lip of the tranny is covered with
oil. I might get a drop or two of oil on the garage floor after I park the
car. Yet, cars are very closely inspected here and you will not pass
inspection if they find any leaks. Even if the oil is not dripping off of
the engine, just a 'wet' transmission as in my case is enough to fail the
inspection. Last time I went to get the car inspected they found the leak
but it was so small that the transmission was just dirty (greasy residue)
and they let me pass. They said that I will have to fix it next year if it
gets any worst. Then it got cold and it got a lot worst and so I have to fix
it. Besides, I don't like any leaks myself.
Those greasy spots on the parking lots mostly come from the A/C water
washing off any reside from under the car. The parking lots here do not
really have those spots.

David, Stephen - an answer to your question is that I'm 100% sure it's
coming from between the two halves. I've seen it when the leak was just
forming and it started about half way between the drive axles and the front
cover. The axles have a leak as well and I will need to fix both of those
problems.

Thank you!!

Greetings from Poland!
Tom Niemczewski
Vin 6149 plus 2418, 3633, 5030, 16473, 17086