Re: [DML] LCA reinforcement and insurance coverage

Re: [DML] LCA reinforcement and insurance coverage

Farrar:

Been there and done that....

As someone mention earlier on their post, every insurance has their
rules in what they cover and do not cover.   Many insurance companies
also won't give you a direct answer due to their own liability.  They
would say "modifications" are not the original factory product and
that all insurance policies generated have been apply to factory like
productions.  At the end, the shrewd insurance adjuster will "fine
tooth comb" the cause of a mishap and that will give them the
official reason for "non-coverage" if they are not like the factory
set up.  Of course they also mention that anything can be insured, if
one is willing to pay the "readjusted premium" rates as to cover the
mods.

For what it is worth, some of you may need to read word for word on
your policy and see what it covers or does not cover.  All policies
are not the same and the present policies may not have the same
coverage as with previous policies that you may have.  This goes for
your home policies as well...  You business owners, I am sure you
have lawyers to do that for you... If a mishap happens, you will find
out that you many not have all the areas covered.

With liability suits that they are entertain now a days, they are
suing for everything possibly short of your underwear... And you may
lose that too...  hahahaha....

Kayo Ong
Lic 9D NY

On Nov 9, 2011, at 9:39 PM, Farrar Hudkins wrote:

> I don't understand why we don't just call our insurance agents and ask
> them how they feel about lower control arm reinforcements. Tell the
> agent that you're thinking about buying this product from a DeLorean
> Motor Company satellite location, and ask how installation of the
> product might affect your policy since it is an "upgrade" part not
> originally available in 1981-2 -- that you're thinking about
> installing
> the part but wanted to ask first. It doesn't hurt to ask. We send
> money
> to our insurance companies so they can answer our questions for no
> additional charge. :)
>
> Farrar Hudkins

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional