Re: [DML] Bryan Pearce's Frames

My thinking on "Bryan Pearce's frame?"

For you info, a decade plus ago, I had given strong thoughts to
purchase the Pearce's Stainless Steel Frame when the chatter was
strong within the DeLorean community and I believe this was a time
period before you came on the scene?  So, I am not really "silent on
the subject," I think you were not around back then.  The going price
for the Pearce Stainless Steel Frame was about $6K and I understand
the going price is now $8K or more?  Anyway, the reason why I didn't
do it back then is because I didn't know if I was going to keep my
DeLorean and plus I just didn't have the time and the hassle to have
the frame shipped to NYC and to have Rob to make the transfer.  So,
have I addressed your point of interest on Pearce Frame?

Also for what it's worth, two summers ago, I had thought about
purchasing the Stage 2 (or 3 if it was available) as well.  I was
going to make the appointment and drive my DeLorean to DMC of Houston
as to have done.

In my way of thinking, between the two combinations, it would be a
better DeLorean.

Now let, me ask you a question.  If I were to have your conversions
done, would you have a warranty and insurance backing up your
conversion as product and service?   I do believe that Mr. Bryan
Pearce and DMC Houston have a warranty and insurance backing up their
products and services?  They would be foolish if they didn't.  So,
with their warranty and product liability backing up their products,
I WOULD NOT hesitated to purchase and install either or both.  And I
still may do so in the future!!!???

You are claiming that Dave and I are giving you "grief."   No we are
not, for you are giving yourself your own "grief."  We are just
chiming in on your postings.  So, you don't  want grief, don't
post...  It also seems to me Dave and I are not the only who give you
"grief" or comments that don't sit well with you.  So, on a personal
note and my advice to you is to learn the principle of "avoidance."
I used and practice that principle when necessary to keep my sanity
and no "grief."

Kayo Ong
Lic  9D NY

On Nov 9, 2011, at 9:50 AM, content22207 wrote:

> With all the controversy about a simple front end upgrade, I wonder
> what Kayo and David think about Bryan Pearce's frames.
>
> Bryan uses a radically different trailing arm from the factory
> design (his attachment method is nothing at all like the original).
> His crumple extension is less compressible than OEM, and it is held
> to the frame with bolts rather than welds (bolts can shear). The
> panels that make up Bryan's frame are shaped differently, so his
> welds are located in different places. Of course he uses stainless
> steel rather than carbon steel. To the best of my knowledge Bryan's
> frame has never been crash tested.
>
> Bryan's lower control arms are welded up, not stamped like OEM.
> Again, they are stainless steel, not carbon steel. While not as
> heavy as Byrne's arms, they do weigh about twice as much as OEM
> arms. Same should apply to his upper control arms.
>
> I am pretty sure Houston equips it's frames with springs and shocks
> that differ from OEM spec, and Houston likely uses polyurethane
> suspension bushings rather than OEM rubber.
>
> With all the grief Kayo and David have been giving me about a
> simple front end upgrade (please leave carburetion out of it
> boys...), I would think that their position against Bryan's front
> to rear frames is 1,000 times stronger, but they have been
> curiously silent on the subject.
>
> Bill Robertson

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional