From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
content22207
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2011 2:27 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Re: Upgraded Front Suspension

Please note I did not mention you by name. Now that you have outed yourself,
you are the indeed primary naysayer.

Headliner: Not exactly a pain -- I had to stab it 4 or 5 times to get both
hangers simultaneously. Took less than a minute. The much more polished
appearance was definitely worth 60 seconds installation time.

2 groove Volvo water pump pulley: I've got one on my car right now. It's
been there ever since you first made your incorrect claim several years ago.
It fits and clears -- live with it.

Aluminum side channels: They've been in place since Spring 2008. They got me
to: Gettysburg, Lexington, New Orleans, New York, several trips to
Pennsylvania and New Jersey, and many many trips to DC here. With
15,000-20,000 miles on them you can not deny that they work.

Bellcrank return springs: For a mere 50 cents, I am willing to make my doors
work right. Cheapest thing I've ever done on the car.

We both bought our first DeLoreans in 2002. I am still driving mine. It has
spent most of its life with a broken angle drive, so I don't know the actual
distance it has traveled, but if you look at a map it has to be at least
twice the 40,000 mile odometer reading (in addition to destinations above, I
have driven to Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, and many many more trips to DC).

Bill Robertson

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Martin Gutkowski <martin@...> wrote:

> Bill, please change the record and stop misrepresenting what has been
> said to you. You have this incredibly ability to take what is written in
> front of you and read something totally different! Also none of your
> points equal  a prediction of your car's "imminent demise"
>
> > - Single piece headliner won't fit
> My argument with that was that there was a reason it was originally made
> in two pieces. You yourself said it was a pain to fit in one piece.
> > - 2 groove Volvo pulley won't clear the A/C belt
> No, I believe it's the opposite and needs to be spaced out to line up
> with the water pump and alternator. it's also designed for two smaller
> belts. rather than one big one
> > - Aluminum side channels won't reinforce the crumple extension (rendered
moot by the new suspension)
> The argument there was your heath-robinson approach which no self
> respecting engineer or mechnic would dream of putting his/her name to.,
> > - Bellcrank return springs are a 50 cent waste of money
> You are fixing the symptoms and not the disease and as usual crowing
> about it being a "design flaw"
>
> I can't remember being involved with the others...
>
> Martin

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: