From: jtrealtywebspannet <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed, October 26, 2011 4:13:57 PM
Subject: [DML] Re: Upgraded Front Suspension

I am not familiar with every model Lotus ever built. I do know that what was
done for the Delorean is what Lotus was doing on their own cars late '70's and
early '80's. The whole frame and suspension is just a scaled up version of what
Lotus had for themselves although they were not happy about the rear engine
design. They used a mid engine set-up where the bulk of the weight of the motor
and transaxle was ahead of the rear wheels. Some of the biggest problems
revolved around the weight bias and polar moments caused by all that weight
hanging off the rear of the car. It is a testament to the expertise at Lotus
Engineering that they got the car to behave as well as it does. And without any
active systems like ABS or Traction control, not even a proportioning valve in
the brake system!
David Teitelbaum

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Marc Levy <malevy_nj@...> wrote:

> Actually David, I was hoping you would address this question because you are
>exposed to both the Lotus and DeLorean..  But, I don't think you addressed what
>I asked;
>
> On the Lotus vehicles with the added "wishbone" LCA, was anything don

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)