Re: [DML] JZD's Drug Trial

No it doesn't. It speaks volumes about a man who was trying to keep the mob from killing his family and saving his dream. Bill, with all due respect, you should not own a Delorean. This discussion of the past intentions and or guilt of jzd should be ended. We are on this list because we all love the Delorean automobile. Not because we are lawyers. Who gives a rats butt about here-say or subjective opinions about John. We weren't there. You didn't walk a mile in his shoes. He created a car from his dream. We all are living his dream.
I vote to leave it at that. Any axe you have to grind should be done privately.
When I look at my Delorean I don't think of drug deals gone bad. I think - what a brilliant man John was and what a cool car I own since 1993.
 Amen.

boB

www.bobcutrupi.com

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 25, 2011, at 12:07 AM, "content22207" <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Apparently there is a lot of confusion about JZD's drug tral.
>
> First & foremost, JZD found not guilty, not "innocent." Just like O.J. Simpson, the jury merely concluded that the government failed to prove its case, not that the man never committed the crime.
>
> JZD's legal defense was that he was entrapped, not that he was threatened. Larry Flynt's death threats were never entered into evidence, most likely because they would easily have been proven forgeries.
>
> Did Hoffman go to JZD, or did JZD go to Hoffman. Only the two of them were present at that first meeting (there were no third party witnesses to testify for either side).
>
> Hoffman was crude and boorish, but he never was exposed as a liar in court (not that JZD's legal team didn't try).
>
> On the other hand, had JZD taken the stand, decades of lies could have been exposed, casting severe doubt on his entrapment claim.
>
> Even if Hoffman went to him, why didn't JZD say "I don't want to have anything to do with drug running"? Even if he was entrapped, JZD nevertheless continued to work with the drug smugglers from that first meeting onwards. That alone speaks volumes about his character.
>
> Bill Robertson

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: