[DML] Re: DMCH Open House - Haddad speech.

[DML] Re: DMCH Open House - Haddad speech.

Stephen,

Mike is the head moderator, but perhaps I can chime in on his behalf.

We are experimenting with a real-time message delivery style.  Us moderators are in agreement that the one-by-one system was becoming a hinderance to the DML.  We are trying a more hands-off style, but rest assured, if things get out of hand such as way off-topic discussions, personal attacks, etc we will have to switch back.

As an 11 year-member of the DML (also more recently a moderator) and a member of DMCTalk, I think it's great that DeLorean owners and enthusiasts have a choice for discussion.  Some like the web-based experience with attached photos that DMCTalk offers (though it can also be like the wild west), while others prefer to get their messages to their email box (which some will argue is becoming arcane, but we all have our preferences).  One undeniable advantage to a web-experience is real-time posting of messages and the possiblity of a response seconds later.  Depending on a DML moderator's personal life, it can take much longer for a message to be posted, and even longer for a response.  This is a big reason why we would like to have a more real-time experience on the DML.  I'm sure you all will appreciate the convenience of that!

For those who still perfer the 'formality' of the DML, it would be a disservice to them if as moderators we continued a policy that effectively killed the group.  There are less and less posts every week, but it is hard to ignore the ocean of information in the DML archives.  It is a great resource for the community and perhaps we can breathe a little more life into this group by adopting a more hands-off approach.

Thanks!

Andy - one of the moderators
VIN 11596 Fargo, ND

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Stephen Rice <stevedmc@...> wrote:

> Did something happen to DML moderation that I was not aware of?  It
> looks like messages are being sent/received in realtime.  I've never
> seen messages move this fast on the DML before.
>
> On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 1:04 PM, Farrar Hudkins <fhudkins@...> wrote:
> > No; it means let's shut up and fix/drive our cars. :-)
> >
> > Farrar Hudkins
> >
> > On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 12:41 PM, content22207 <brobertson@...>wrote:
> >
> >> **
> >>

> >> Does that mean if JZD was a scoundrel in life, we continue to remember him
> >> that way now rather than trying to canonize the man posthumously?
> >>
> >> Bill Robertson

> > --
> > Sent from my laser-guided nuclear-powered refrigerator, operated by its crew
> > of hyperintelligent pandimensional cyborg kittens, controlled remotely via
> > telekinetic sonic screwdriver.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: