Re: [DML] DMCH Open House - Haddad speech.

Your last sentence hit the nail on the head! Atta-boy, Marc...

From: Marc Levy
Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 10:59 AM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] DMCH Open House - Haddad speech.

I disagree with you on this one. This guy is a professional PR person. It is his job to make you believe him. Of course, if he has been telling the same story for the past 30 years he may believe it by now!

Back when his book came out, he was accused of taking money from GM to take down DeLorean. I have no idea if it is true or not, but there are 2 sides to every story.. This is just one side of it.

Starting out his presentation with making himself in to some super hero (fighting big pharmaceutical companies to distribute cheap AIDS medication) was the first indicator that he was being manipulative. "Hey, look at me! I am a good guy trying to help the world!". While it may be true (I don't know), it is irrelevant to why he was invited to speak to a group of DeLorean nerds.

Then, he had to attribute JZD to using the "N-word" (he said the word). So, JZD was not only running an elaborate scheme to steal money from investors (mostly the British government), but he was a racist too? Sorry, I don't buy it. The whole implication that the car company was all a plan to steal $18 Million is the EXACT SAME crap they pulled on Preston Tucker. Both had essentially the same result of eliminating a competitor.

Was $18 Million missing from a "secret" bank account? I think so.. Was that money for the specific purpose of splitting it between JZD and Chapman? Maybe.. But even if this was the intent, they still somehow built an estimated 10,000 cars. Hardly a scheme to just steal government money. Had the company survived, all of the players would have a lot more than that "missing" money. Sacrifice an entire car company for $9 Million? Risk destroying your life and family with a drug deal instead of taking more "investor" money? Sorry, I don't believe it. Why would any rational person make a decision like that. Behavior like this has motivation, and Haddad's only explanation is greed to steal $9 Million (half of the $18 Million). Not enough money for a man in JZD's position to make a decision like that (IMHO, of course).

Either way, I am glad Mr. Haddad joined us, and told his side of the story. I was just a bit annoyed that the majority of the audience seemed to accept his version as "fact".

--- On Wed, 10/19/11, Travis Graham <tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I thought Bill Haddad's speech was great!  He sure
> didn't sugar-coat anything (both the good and the bad), but
> I got the sense he was being honest.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: