[DML] Re: Vin 805 engine (WAS: Legend Cars)

[DML] Re: Vin 805 engine (WAS: Legend Cars)

Darryl was correct...the engine and parts went to Toby, then
an offer was made to Toby by Chris N. for the engine remains.

With shipping issues, I am not sure if a final deal was worked
out or if the shipping issues put a halt on the engine deal.

I too was working on a possible deal for Darryl's parts and
the burned turbo engine (before Toby made the final deal) and
I do have some photos of the burned engine (that Darryl took),
so I will take a look through my archive to try to find them.

I do recall quite a bit of dry chemical fire extinguisher
residue still on many areas of the engine block in my photos.

Later,
Rich W.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Marc Levy <malevy_nj@...> wrote:

> Yup. I know you still lurk, and was hoping for you to chime in..  :)
>
> I don't think Chris reads the DML, but I think Toby does.  Maybe he can fill in the blanks, or correct my information on that particular engine.  I still have the photos I took when I came to visit (thanks for the drive in the Chevy powered DMC!)
>
> Seeing photos of the engine in 805 would be helpful in determining what version of turbo this car had.  I thought you said it "looked like the twin turbo engine in SSI".. Which is quite distinctively different than the Island turbo kits...  But I am older too, and my memory is not so good a lot.
>
> Maybe Arnie can provide more information on it?  Or a contact for the person who bought the parts.
>

> --- On Tue, 8/30/11, darryl <dtinnerstet@...> wrote:
>

> > Marc - a slight correction.  I
> > never said I thought 805 was a Legend car - only that it was
> > for certain a twin turbo.  It could have been an Island
> > setup for all I know.  I bought the remains of the car
> > from a wrecking yard in Moses Lake WA and parted it out,
> > selling what was left of the exhaust manifolds and turbo
> > piping to a man in Seattle who said he was building a DMC
> > convertible.  PNDC president-for-life (or whatever his
> > title is) Arnie Brandon went with me to get the car and
> > could add info like the names of the buyer and previous
> > owner which I have long forgotten.  I do not recall
> > selling the motor to Chris - I thought it went to Toby
> > Peterson along with all the rest of my parts when he
> > purchased the Specialty Automotive assets from me.  But
> > I could be wrong as old age is not being kind to my brain
> > cells.
> >
> > And yes I still lurk here so be careful what you
> > say....:)  By the way I still get to drive and work on
> > a DeLorean as one of the many benefits of my employment.
> >
> > Darryl Tinnerstet
> > Logistics Manager
> > LeMay - America's Car Museum
> > Tacoma, WA