Re: [DML] VIN's used as press cars at factory...Vin 500 is really Vin501

Re: [DML] VIN's used as press cars at factory...Vin 500 is really Vin501

Accordantly with History stated by PJ Grady:

Vin 500 IS Vin 501 the Car at the Crawford Museum...stated facts by PJ Grady:

Therefore..The Question should be WHERE is Vin 500...??? Since Not many cars were produced..at that time..it certainly is a high probability that another 500 series car is REALLY Vin 500..The most Logistical hints would be that it has the "white" engine cover..and the factory "hand welded/riveted" parts on the frame...early style dash Vin tag..Leather dash..the rough style Black under-body..and a few other distinguishing factors...I know for a fact Vin 570 had all the above...but NOT saying it is Vin 500..but then...it could be suspect..just like any Delorean that would have all the needed above requirements..the search is on...

VIN 500 is currently displayed in the Crawford Auto Aviation museum in Cleveland, Ohio.

        Crawford Auto Aviation Museum
        10825 East Blvd.
        Cleveland, OH 44106

This car is unique as it is `allegedly' the first car off of the Dunmurry production line.

We say `allegedly' because it is not the first car off the line ? it's actually the second.

Just before the media arrived to photograph the first DeLorean off the line, the original VIN 500 suffered a brake problem and was crashed into a wall by Lotus engineer Mike Foxten.  In a panic, the company quickly switched the VIN tags with VIN 501, and presented VIN 501 as VIN 500 ? thus saving face.

The real VIN 500 was subsequently fixed and retagged with a different VIN number.

This effectively shifted all of the VIN numbers by one digit.

VIN 500 is actually VIN 501
VIN 501 is actually VIN 502
VIN 502 is actually VIN 503 Etc

Despite not being the true first car off the production line at Dunmurry, VIN 500 is available for all to see in the Crawford museum ? another important part of DeLorean history preserved for future generations.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Marc Levy <malevy_nj@...> wrote:

> In some of the Legend documents I have, there was reference to 558, but not a lot of detail on anything being done to it.
>
> But, while we are looking for specific cars..  Anyone know where 501 is??
>
> Stories have been passed around that "one of the legend cars" burned up in a fire (not 805, driven by Roy Nesseth that is rumored to have had a Legend engine in it).  But that story has not been documented and (if it is true) we don't know if it was 501 or 558.
>
> http://www.pjgrady.co.uk//GenericContent.aspx?PageType=Legend_Industries&ShowContent=Legend_VIN558.html
>
> http://www.pjgrady.co.uk//GenericContent.aspx?PageType=Legend_Industries&ShowContent=Legend_VIN501.html
>
> Lots of us are searching for these cars..  :)
>
> --- On Mon, 8/22/11, James Espey <james@...> wrote:
>
> 558 later was assigned to Legend Industries for development, but I'm
> wondering if any of these cars still around in the UK/elsewhere?
>
> James

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: