Re: [DML] Eye-catching headline...unfortunately

Re: [DML] Eye-catching headline...unfortunately

Yeah, and what really sucks too is that his kid who is also in that picture is gonna have people wondering if his father ever did anything to him. Poor kid.

If you read the article, it pretty much says that they traced the IP back to the Residence Inn that this guy worked at/managed. They got him in a video chat and were able to get a picture of his face. Cross-referencing employee names they got a photo of him that confirmed his identity (probably the one there on the DMA's website) and then had a verified match with him wearing his own name tag. Somewhere, some how he probably posted his VIN which with the last 5 numbers we all post here you can easily figure out, and that then confirmed a home address as well as his e-mail address as well from his ISP tied to his account with them.

Tracking people down isn't hard since people tend not to vary their usernames too much, let alone passwords. Hell I've even had to track down other employees for company blogging violations. I'd love to get a job like that.

-Robert
vin 6585

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jake Kamphoefner <jakekamp@...> wrote:

> Steve,
>
> I thought the same thing.  My first thought was that DeLoreans draw attention
> and sensationalism is what reporters seem to love.
>
> On the other hand, though, they apparently used his DeLorean to help track him
> down and verify his identity.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: