[DML] Re: R12 to R134 Conversion Help

Air conditioning works on the principle of heat flow. The amount of heat moved by the A/C is a function of the amount of heat the refrigerant can absorb per unit lb and all of the inefficiencies involved with a mechanical system.  You want to reject the heat load of the conditioned space. When the heat load exceeds the capacity of the A/C system to remove it, the net result will be an increase in the temperature of the conditioned space. If the system is not sized to achieve the proper capacities (coil size, compressor capacity, air flow) with a particular refrigerant you lose capacity. -134 requires higher pressures, larger coils and higher output compressors to achieve the same results as a system using R-12. You will get cold air with -134 just not the same delta-T. Bottom-lining this, on a REALLY hot day it will not get as cold inside as with an R-12 system.
David Teitelbaum

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Robert" <dmcvegas@...> wrote:

> That's kind of a misleading statement actually. It infers that a car running R134a will not run as cool as one running R12 and that's actually not true. In fact, if I may be so bold as to ask, does anyone have a link to prove this "inefficiency"?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)