RE: [DML] AC Compressor blows a back plate?

RE: [DML] AC Compressor blows a back plate?

Jake,
I know your trying to help put pushing or recommending a 30 year old R12
compressors that is sold by others is not good for the consumer. People that
don't know about compressors as to what happens on the inside of them after
30 years of sitting in hot and cold warehouses when all the nitrogen gas
that they were packed with has leaked out and they say are no longer
recommended for resale.
Sanden told me after about 5 years they don't recommend selling any
compressor. People that buy them off Ebay and other places trying to save a
buck and not knowing about compressors are prone to fail quicker.
Call the technical department at Sanden and they will explain further. Oh,
brand new compressors that Sanden has are identical in every way. They come
with a universal back head that has to be changed because the De Lorean
back head is obsolete. They being Sanden haven't sold R12 compressors for
about 10 years now.
John Hervey
www.deloreanautoparts.com