[DML] Re: DMCTalk.org is now live - login reminders needed

[DML] Re: DMCTalk.org is now live - login reminders needed

Hey Roy,

Thanks for the message.  For anyone who hasn't seen the specifics regarding the new site, everyone must re-register (preferably using their old user names from dmctalk) before they can log in.

In regards to the concern that someone may register/create an old user-name that used to be somebody's original user-name at the old dmctalk, if this occurs, we will rectify the situation when contacted by the original user.  We would obviously hope that there is a bit of an honor system and that somebody wouldn't register as a vendor or well known contributor and then start flaming posts, etc.

If anybody sees that their old user name has been registered before they could do so, then please contact one of the administrators and we will correct the problem immediately upon full verification that the user is who they say they are.

Regards,
Tamir
www.dmctalk.org

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Chris Hawes" <christopherhawes@...> wrote:

> Hi Roy,
>
> Tamir is asking for you to recreate your login as per below i.e. the
> existing logins haven't made it over to the resurrected site.
>

> Tamir, does this raise a bit of a chicken and egg situation?  I can't
> remember my specific login so don't want to risk recreating a new one that
> won't match up with the posts I had created in the past.  As it stands there
> aren't any archive post for me to refer so that I can see what my login name
> was.  If the archive has survived couldn't the first task be to import the
> login accounts?  Otherwise anyone can deliberately create a login that was
> previously used by a vendor or a well known contributor.
>

> Regards,
>
> Chris Hawes
>
> Vin 5255, grey 5-speed
>
> Milton Keynes, UK