RE: [DML] DOA will remain D-O-A

John,

First off, I apologize for the delay in my response.  In my real life, I'm
Program Chair for Industrial Design Technology at Cincinnati State Technical
and Community College, and I just got through my last set of finals tonight.
(Long week)

Anyway, thanks for the e-mail.  I think you just about summed up every
misconception we are currently struggling against.  Don't worry though,
bashing the DOA used to be a pretty fun hobby of mine too, until I woke up
one day, and found out I are one!  Haha!

I cannot vouch for what happened in the past with this organization, because
I was on the outside looking in, like you.  I have not gained much insight
by being on the Board, other than to find out that there are human beings
running this thing, complete with hearts, brains, souls, and of course the
ability to be wrong, amongst other attributes.

I never heard about the lawsuit that was filed against James Espey by the
DOA.  Whatever for?!  James, feel free to chime in here.  Was it actually on
behalf of the DOA, or was it just Ed Bernstein?

I can relate to the latter.  I've been threatened with a lawsuit by Ed
Bernstein recently too.  Not because of this discussion, (that one must
still be pending) but because I put up pictures of the back issues of
DeLorean World on the DOA website.  James Hales tells me that Ed claims he
holds the rights to those covers, and he doesn't want us making any money
off them.  I think we can all agree, Ed especially, that he is not
interested in making any friends within our ranks these days.

On that front, if you subscribed to DeLorean World, you'd notice a glaring
omission from the back cover of our last two issues.  There are no longer
any ads for DeLorean One amongst our pages.  Ed pulled his support when I
became President, because he rightfully saw me as an agent of his arch
nemesis.  A guy named Ken Koncelik.  You may have heard of him.  He puts on
"deviant" car shows that the DOA has only been supporting to the best of our
ability the last two years.  (we'd support him more, but people think we're
still associated with Ed, and stay away from us) Oh, and also, as a member
of the "DOC", I bend over backwards helping Ken with his shows, doing the
same stuff I now also do for the DOA.  I designed Ken's current website,
have maintained it and the old site for at least four years, and was
assistant Editor for DCS Magazine for its entire run.

Just to be clear, the Board of the DOA doesn't decide what the community
wants, and neither do I.  I said that my efforts on the Board consist of
helping the DOA have a somewhat functional website, and I help out with the
magazine, both of which have been asked for by our members, not our Board.
(no, really.I can show you the e-mails)

I agree on the transparency issues.  I don't see a valid reason for any
secrecy whatsoever within our organization.  I talked to two Board members
tonight.  One wants me to post the bylaws on our public website.  Another
thinks it will only invite "more attacks" on our organization.  I have
requested a Board meeting this Sunday to resolve this once and for all.  We
have absolutely nothing to hide, and I personally invite all the criticism
we can get!  It's the only way we'll ever improve.

I hope that gives you a clearer picture here of our efforts.  We are in it
for the people!  This conversation did start when I asked for feedback on
the new magazine, and asked what else we could do to contribute to the
community, didn't it?

Roy Hill gave me a great one!  I'd love to see a real repair manual made for
the DeLorean.  I'm currently working on research to see what it would take
to make that happen.

Again, thank you for your feedback!  I hope the rest of the Board sees it
the way I do, and uses it to help us achieve increasingly greater, more
member and community benefitting things as we move forward.

Best,

Josh

Josh Haldeman - Vice-President

DeLorean Owners Association

513-919-6523

From: John J. Schulz / DTOUR Inc.
Subject: [DML] DOA will remain D-O-A

Josh - with all due respect, the DOA has written it's own future, and
confirmed it with your response above. I write this with ALL due respect...

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)