[DML] Re: DeLorean Limo Progress (Custom SS Panel Fabrication...cont.)

[DML] Re: DeLorean Limo Progress (Custom SS Panel Fabrication...cont.)

List,

I have uploaded a few photos of the recent progress last month
on the DeLorean Limo project, especially Chris Nicholson's
nearly tireless work with fabricating the custom stainless
panels, under rather brisk conditions (photos in Limo folder).

At this point, the passenger side custom stainless panels have
been completed (with lots of grinding, filing and welding), as
well as brushing the new panels to match the original stainless
panel finish, which also had a little re-brushing required.

The custom, over-sized roof panels have also been 90% completed
and will require a final fitment, along with some custom seals.
This is best done in more mild weather, so this will have to
wait for next Spring, to complete this portion of the project.

While Chris was out at my workshop...

I decided to try to help keeps things "fresh" by alternating
panel work between the DeLorean Limo and DeLorean Convertible,
so there was some significant progress made both repairing and
re-finishing custom panels on the almost forgotten Convertible.

Combined with some welding Chris did on the A-posts and B-posts
on the Convertible doors last time, the Convertible project has
awakened from several years of idle storage, similar to how the
DeLorean Limo project came out of extended storage last year.

All the passenger side panel work is done and only some work on
the driver side door and some minor bonnet work is still needed.
Styling changes to the fiberglass around the engine compartment
this Winter at the shop where the Limo fiberglass work was done.

I uploaded before and after photos of the passenger side of the
Convertible in its own folder.  It is still a work in progress.
There will be some interesting surprizes revealed about this
"revised and re-focused" custom DeLorean project, coming soon.

Chris Nicholson will also be detailing his custom work on both
of these projects, coming soon on his PJ Grady UK website.

Later,
Rich W.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "d_rex_2002" <rich@...> wrote:

> For those interested in extreme custom DeLoreans...
>
> Note: the progress was a little late to show off at DCS 2010,
> but the DeLorean Limo has made some significant progress in
> July 2010.  One more milestone has been reached...all six of
> the custom stainless steel panels have been rough fabricated.
>
> A huge thanks to everyone who helped make this progress happen
> including Chris Nicholson (master stainless fabricator) and a
> few local DMC club members who helped source the correct TIG
> welder and supplies, to get the custom panels to this point.
>
> Time was short, so only the driver's side panels are very near
> completion, with the custom panels brushed to match the stock
> panels.  The passenger side and the oversized T-panels will need
> more work to complete, hopefully later this Fall.
>
> I have uploaded 3 photos to the DeLorean Limo Progress folder
> and I will try to take a few photos outdoors, when I have time.
>
> Thanks,
> Rich W.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional