Re: [DML] Displaying Our Cars

For the record, I've been showing my DeLorean for 17 years, mostly in Ohio.  I always let anyone sit in it, especially children, and I always let anyone touch it.  I keep Windex around for the fingerprints.

I have never had a problem.

Last summer was probably the biggest risk, when I displayed it before and during simultaneous midnight showings of Back to the Future and Rocky Horror Picture Show.  Anyone who wanted to touch or sit in my car was welcome.  I never closed the doors all night, nor did I refuse any request.

Before that night my DeLorean had been touched by a lot of Doc Brown lab coats and Marty McFly jackets; those were routine.  But Rocky Horror fans wear lingerie, so my leather and stainless were caressed by hundreds of bare body parts that were a totally new experience.  My DeLorean lost its innocence at age 29.  :-)

My car and I would do it again without hesitation.

- Mike Substelny
VIN 1280, Cleveland, Ohio

    dmcnews-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    dmcnews-fullfeatured@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx