Re: [DML] Re: Collectable Theft at a DeLorean BTTF BBQ

Re: [DML] Re: Collectable Theft at a DeLorean BTTF BBQ

[Moderator's note : Tensions are understandably high, but perhaps we should keep things rational! Andy - mod of the week]

If you catch the thief, my suggestion would be for the group to kick
their ass and then call the police, in that order.

On 11/01/2010 10:23 AM, Richard wrote:

> Tragic, that these iconic items should be taken. I'm sorry for your
> loss, and hope that they are recovered.
>
> During the Pigeon Forge gathering, someone made a sweep of all the
> banquet tables, stealing several expensive video cameras from owners
> in just a few minutes. Part of me can't help but wonder if it was the
> same person.
>
> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:dmcnews%40yahoogroups.com>, Bob
> Brandys <BobB@...> wrote:
> >
> > While Jordan Livingston was at our house filming for the DeLorean
> documentary, we decided to have a BTTF BBQ and invited the DMC members
> so he could interview various owners.
> >
> > 13 members showed up at the party including a few new people.
> >
> > At the BTTF BBQ Jordan interviewed people about their cars and what
> it means to own and drive a DeLorean. We also played DeLorean
> Millionaire and had a great BBQ.
> >
> > It was a great day and Jordan got a lot of got film for his
> documentary.
> >
> > However, during the sit down BBQ someone from the club decided that
> they would steal our BTTF collectables that were on display. These had
> been filmed by Jordan explaining their individual histories.
> >
> > They stole:
> >
> > Original Einstein dog from Universal
> > Sony video camera -same one used in the film
> > Biff's broken top of the cain from Universal
> > A Save the Clock tower flyer that was personally signed by Claudia wells
> > Sports Almanac
> > OOH, la la
> > Western Union Letter from Marty
> > Fax letter "your fired"
> >
> > These items can not be easily replaced. They would now cost at least
> $2000, if you could find them.
> >
> > We did not immediately realize that these were stolen because we
> were busy cleaning up and coordinating filming with Jordan for the
> next 2 days.
> >
> > However, in reviewing the video shot at our house, it was clear
> exactly when they were stolen.
> >
> > I just would not have expected a DeLorean owner to be this low. So
> much for trying to help make a video about DeLorean owners and "our"
> community. And yes, Jordan now knows this dark side about one DeLorean
> owner.
> >
> > So DeLorean owners be very careful about your collectables EVEN WHEN
> DELOREAN OWNERS ARE PRESENT!
> >
> > Bob

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional