Re: [DML] Speedo not working

There's 3 things you can do without taking off the wheel or the binnacle.

First, the black "DMC" on the side of the wheel is actually a plastic cap,
which can be removed carefully and let you see into the wheel.  If you see
yellow plastic, they did put the plastic cable-holder in place.  If you
see a metal nut and a square cable sticking out of it, there's your
problem.

Second, you can unscrew the cable from the bottom of the lambda counter,
roll the car back and forth, and see if the shaft is turning.

Third, you can take the cable off the top of the lambda counter and spin
it with a drill (carefully of course) and see whether the speedo needle
moves.

But yeah, chances are they forgot the plastic disc between the wheel and
the hub.

-Mike C

On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 19:01:34 -0400, daviddelorean
<daviddelorean@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My speedo stopped working after getting the front tires on the car
> changed. I also had the binnacle removed/worked on. So I don't know what
> happened. The speedo cable is connected to the back of the binnacle. How
> do I check if it's screwed up by the front tires?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)