Re: AW: [DML] Re: Gold Delorean

Translation of German webpage showing gold delorean. Thanks to google.

> > http://www.dmc-delorean.de/gold.htm

»Special models are available in the automotive industry is not unusual. But a gold DeLorean with a stainless steel body and unique doors, which is unique in the history of automobiles today. [...] The golden story began in 1979: In search of a special publicity stunt for the "Gold Card" credit card company American Express went to DeLorean Motor Cars Ltd.. in Northern Ireland, too. They decided to make a series of up to one hundred vehicles exclusively for American Express. As a special feature which should coachbuilder a 24-carat gold coating obtained. In search of a suitable coating was found at the company Umicore Electroplating (formerly Degussa). Just launched successfully on the market, the electrolyte was AURUNA 311 ® - to Direktvergoldung of stainless steel - are available. The deposited gold surface has a very good adhesive strength without intermediate korossionsempfindliche is Low-porosity and ductile and has an excellent shine. After the electrolyte type was solved, had the handicap, the size of body parts (up to 1.5 square meters), dissolved, as the bath volumes of their own electroplating were too small. Umicore found as a suitable partner company Charles Holder in Kirchheim-Teck, and rented for a week a large electroplating. The company is on Nichtedelmetallprozesse Holder, including for the automotive sector, specializing. In September 1981, launched the "DeLorean Gold Edition". Only for this purpose 2,500 liters gold electrolyte AURUNA were set 311 ®. The body parts were pre-cleaned by hand and not to provide the gold-plated surfaces with a Galvanikabdecklack. After the usual pre-treatment was the Direktvergoldung the brushed stainless steel parts. Required 2.5 micron gold plating, with eight of those body parts per car, the 800 grams of gold. The test phase consisted of two DeLorean and spare parts. 1981 offered the American Express Gold Edition in its Christmas catalog

boB

www.bobcutrupi.com

> On 08/20/10 04:46 AM, Elvis Nocita wrote:
> >

> > in the galleries here you can see detailed pics of VIN4301 in LA:
> >

> > http://www.dmc-delorean.de/gold.htm
> >

> Here is an english tranlation
>
> http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.dmc-delorean.de/gold.htm&ei=ifdvTJijI8H-8AbM3JnvCw&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CBkQ7gEwAQ&prev=/search%3Fq%3Ddelorean%2Bfansite%2Bdeutschland%2B-%2Bgold%2Bdelorean%26num%3D100%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DmoB%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official
>
> It is all one line
>
> Paul

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional