RE: [DML] Can Won't Start - Battery Dies

RE: [DML] Can Won't Start - Battery Dies

Use an electrical meter to measure voltages.  The battery should be
12.75 volts when the car is off, the voltage at idle should be about 14.

You can also take the battery to an auto parts store and they will test
it for you - if its not up to par, you at least have a prorated
warranty, if your within the first year you may get a free exchange.  I
ran a standard interstate battery for about 18 months before one of the
cells went dead,  I got a nearly free replacement but instead upgraded
to their premium battery for a few bucks more.

Primary sources of battery drain overnight are the door lock module, and
possibly the lights in the doors if the switch is not properly adjusted.
A battery cut off switch is easy to install if you leave the car parked
for a week or two at a time.

Tom