[DML] Re:Overheating from Coolant Leak

You can overheat the motor quickly and it doesn't take a whole lot to "pop" the liner seals. Once you do that you are "cooked". The PRV seems to be a very tough little motor but it doesn't take overheating well. It just isn't worth the risk. This is why you should take all of the steps you can to upgrade the cooling systems and the electrical system as it relates to the cooling system. And keep it well maintained. IMHO the cooling system (and the associated electrical system) are the weakest points in the Delorean (and can cost the most if they fail).
David Teitelbaum

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "stainlessilusion" <5n-@...> wrote:

> I overheated mine as far as I could on the gauge - I did this a few times in the span of an hour with stopping and then starting as an attempt to limp home. Turned out that my problem was the cap to the coolant tank that wouldn't seal, thus preventing the system from building up pressure. I was one of the lucky ones - this happened in '05 or '06; my engine still stays cool since fixed. I'd say it's a case-by-case scenario. AND yes, I'm one who has a gallon of coolant along for the ride in the trunk now.....-----Dani B. #5003

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)