[DML] idea to promote our DeLoreans (Long Island, NYC, and surrounding a

[DML] idea to promote our DeLoreans (Long Island, NYC, and surrounding areas)

On Sat July 24th, there's a concert at Jones Beach theatre.  RUSH is playing their "TIME MACHINE" tour and will playing their album "Moving Pictures" in its entirety front to back.  (That's their landmark masterpiece which came out in 1981).

So, they have a "time machine" theme and are celebrating a work from 1981.  I see a product tie-in here.

Suggestion: I'm reaching out to the linydmc club and to the dmcnews forum to see if we could drum up any interest from owners local to the area to join us for a tailgate.  I'm thinking we could arrive at the venue in the early afternoon, park our cars next to each other (near the entrance to the forum) and make a BBQ out of it.

Thousands of people will walk past our cars on their way to the show.  I could put together a sign to promote our gathering.  Obviously, the more DeLoreans we have next to each other, the more impact we'll make visually.  If we could get six cars like we recently had at the Massapequa car show, I'd be thrilled.  Plus, it would be fun.

The thousands of people who will be going to the concert will have a connection to 1981... so it follows, we may drum up interest in the DeLorean and plant the seed in the minds of the concert go-ers to check out our websites, join our local clubs (and dmcnews), and perhaps even look into restoring a DeLorean of their very own.  It would be good for the DeLorean and our various clubs.  Not to mention, I bet the band would dig it!

Short notice, I know.  But, whatcha think?  Feasible?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)