[DML] DCS 2012 update

Ok
Thanks for all of you who attended DCS 2010!!!!!!!!
I will comment on that soon.  Just trying to catch my breath and get my work back up and running.

For 2012 we had hoped to be able to hotel register this week and the Hotel thought they had it figured out but in a few test runs the program did not like going two years out so they requested hotel registrations start in 2011 around June 20th so that is what we will do.

This hotel is similar to the Marriott in that it is a Luxury Resort.  It has twice the rooms as the Marriott and 5 times at least the convention space.   We get the proportion of convention space to the rooms we book at the Hotel.

As some of you found out the normal rooms at the Hilton are $200 a night normally that weekend in June.  We have our contract for 150 rooms at $129 per night.
If you can help me next year sell them out quickly I can get more rooms and more space for our cars inside.
Right now we can handle about 50 cars inside so it will be a first come first serve basis paid car registrations only.
Non judged non paying cars will be in the parking lot directly outside.

This place if you look at the preview pics once we turn that site on will be amazed at its size and all the stores and resturaunts they have in there.

You also get free disney transportation, the special hour before and hour after pass at the disney parks to use with your disney passport and you are located right across the street from downtown Disney.
I believe there are other discounts avail and we will talk about them later.

This is a venue that I am sure will have some saying I can get cheaper hotels elsewhere.  And yes you will get just that a hotel with a room and miss what those at the hotel enjoy.
One comment I got at Lexington was that one of the Hotels that were "cheaper" people hated.
The other one was not conveinient and some of the guests that were late for events were from the other hotels and they stated they would have rather stayed at the Marriott but they had booked full for Friday and Sat so they were out of luck.

The hilton has over a 97% occupancy rate so it WILL FILL.  Also the traffic on 535, and remember I live down there part of the year, can be real real bad.  It can take 20 minutes to get from I-4 to the Hotel and its about two miles.  Staying on Disney property will alleviate you missing events due to traffic. AND DON'T FORGET THE AFTERNOON DAILY STORMS. Being in the main hotel will keep you dry. Florida weather in the summer is predictable.  Great in the morning, Rain mid afternoon, pleasant in the evening.

Most other hotels are on Irlo Bronson or International Drive and can take from 15 minutes non traffic to 40 minutes or more especially around rush hour with traffic even though its only 3-8 miles away.
Don't waste your time driving.

So if you plan right you are getting the best deal on a Luxury Hotel that you will ever be able to get with a group and be minutes away from everything.
Lets work to sell it out Next June and then let me get more rooms and more space and make this show the best DCS we have ever had,

The Florida group is looking forward to hosting you and I am sure they will confirm this letter.

So please if you need to save up the for the show the cost is about $5 per week until the show if you do everything and that will leave you with extra spending money as well.
Less than a pack of cigaretts a week in most places.  So it is not expensive and what we got for our money in Lexington resulted in the highest satisfaction rate we have ever had at a show.
(for those that stayed there)
Everyone loved the Marriott and you will Love the Hilton as well.  Your cars will be in a seperate guarded lot and what better than 150 DeLoreans at Disney at the same time.
This hotel will also allow you more time in the parks vs off site hotels so if you plan to go this only adds to your experience plus the view is outstanding.

I will update you soon on the new web page
Please check out the current web page information as well and by all means pass this on to the other forums.

Thanks
Ken

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional