Re: [DML] Re: Disabling Lambda

Good point.  I must have missed that the frequency valve was doing *nothing*.

Sorry!

I'd still double check the connections on the temp sender in the valley.  While working on a fellow club members car a few weeks back, I noticed the frequency valve would kick on and off as I moved the wires behind/under the fuel distributor.  It turned out to be just a loose connection on the temp sensor.

If you have a spare frequency valve, compare the resistance.  I am not sure it is a valid test, because it is more of an impedance (inductor) device than DC resistance..  However, it may provide some information if the one currently on your car has significantly lower DC resistance than a known good one.

A better test would be to measure the current flow through the frequency valve, but that would require a working Lambda unit.

I assume you hooked the dwell meter up to it?  Does hitting the WOT switch have any impact on it?  I ask because another thing I noticed on that car a few weeks ago was that adjusting the mixture beyond a certain point would cause the dwell meter to drop out.  Turn the screw back, tap the WOT switch, and the meter would come back (frequency valve).  Try and reset the screw again and it would again drop out as I approached the target area.  We swapped out the Lambda unit and we able to adjust it to spec.  Although replacing the electronics got us where we needed to be, I am not convinced that the Lambda computer is "bad"...  Just assumed that there was something else going on that I have not yet found, or do not understand.