[DML] Re: Headlight switch installed, but working correctly?

[DML] Re: Headlight switch installed, but working correctly?

Thanks for the reply.
The indicator lights worked fine before I switched out the switch, so I imagine the problem must be in something that I fiddled with... meaning the wires that were clipped from the old connector and inserted into the new connector, the connection between the new connector and the new headlight harness, or the actual circuit itself inside the new switch box.

I am wondering what 'printed circuit' you are referring to?  The one inside the new headlight switch?  I didn't mess with that so if there is a problem there, I imagine it must have come to me that way.
Any more advice?
-Ryan

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "daveswingle2" <swingle_dmc@...> wrote:

> The indicators are powered from the same circuit that powers the lights. It's most likely that the bulb sockets in the cluster are dirty or the bulbs are bad. OR the printed circuit connector is not seated all the way.
>
> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "formula969" <formula969@> wrote:
> >
> > Hey all.
> > I finally got around to installing the new headlight switch from DMC.  And it works! But...
> > There are two things that I am wondering about and I hope someone might have some knowledge...
> >
> > First of all, the headlight indicator on my instrument panel (you know, the green light above the spedometer indicating your headlights are on) isn't lighting up when the headlights are on.  The instrument backlight light comes on with the headlights, but the indicator doesn't.  The high-beams indicator also does not light up.
> > Is it possible that one of the connections isn't being made?  > -Ryan

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)