[DML] Re: air con does'nt work

Most likely you are low on refrigerant because of leaks. The leaks are most likely from the hoses. It doesn't matter since when you replace the hoses you will also be replacing the "O" rings on just about all of the connections. One way to verify the low pressure switch is what is doing this because of low refrigerant is to stick a paper clip in it and jumper the plug for a moment to see the clutch on the A/C compressor engage. Do not run it for any length of time, just long enough to see it work. Then order a new set of hoses and you should also replace the accumulator/dryer. I like SpecialT's "split-hose", it makes installation SO much easier. You should also have the shop that you use to vacuum and recharge your system replace the oil in the system. Stay with R-12 or a drop-in substitute like R-414a.
David Teitelbaum

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Welmoed" <welmoedj@...> wrote:

> Sufficient refrigerant?
>
> Welmoed.
>

> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "miller99501" <kamiller@> wrote:
> >
> > hi group
> > Took the car out from its winter slumber and now the air conditioner doesn't work!! it worked just fine when I stored it. The pump turns but I notice it doesn't engage like it did before, I checked the fuse, its good, checked the low pressure side, its also good.
> > Any advise where to look now?
> >
> > thanks in advance
> > Kevin
> > 4556