Re: [DML] LEDs for Delorean

Been there...new alternator needs the bulb to work or it won't charge.
(test drive without binacle) Listen to John Hervey !

I still don't get it why one needs a LED to replace a bulb that
is on for approximatelly 3 seconds a day ?

Why would somebody want to go thru this trouble ?

Same with the low fuel signal.

And don't forget - many LEDs still are not as reliable as regular bulbs.
I know the datasheet says something different, but some drive them out of
spec. My second engine compartment LED is about to fail :-(

good replacement for the door bulbs - they keep the nice "star" pattern:

http://www.highlight-led.de/Kfz-Lampen_12V/Stecksockellampen_12V/Fassung_T10/Gelb/1_Paar_LED_Standlichtbirne_GELB_T10_1xSF__4x3mm_i371_754.htm

http://www.highlight-led.de/Kfz-Lampen_12V/Stecksockellampen_12V/Fassung_T10/Rot/1_Paar_LED_Standlichtbirne_ROT_T10_1xSF__4x3mm_i373_752.htm

this is how it looks at night (they're a bit darker than bulbs)
http://www.deloreans.de/download/file.php?id=211

Elvis & 6548

> An after thought to those people I sent the LED list.  There are two
> things
> not mentioned in the email.
>
> 1.0  My car has a DMC-1 gas gauge corrector.  It takes its power supply
> from
> the warning light on the dash.  Apparently the requirement is about the
> amount of current that LED draws, as the Warning LED is always on, whether
> or not you're about to be walking.  Three solutions:
>
>     1.1  Leave the incandescent in there.  It will always be on a very
> slight amount (not visible) and light up on a low tank.
>
>     1.2  Figure out how to power the gauge  corrector differently
>
>     1.3  Live with the Warning light on all of the time.

[moderator snip]

    dmcnews-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    dmcnews-fullfeatured@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx