[DML] Re: Raffle Car and DCS

More on the Raffle Car (VIN 6704) since I will have held it for 1 week tomorrow.  I got the car from Bernie to help with preparations of the car for the DCS raffle & Ken will be picking it up from me this week to finish the rest of the car preparations.

This is a GOOD driving car.  It's very similar to mine in all ways....manual, stock ride height, unmolested engine/wiring, good frame/body condition, etc.  The frame, as with any DMC that has been driven in event the most arid environments, has a few (and I mean few) blemishes on the frame, but no rot.  The car is a great driver & now runs solid.  In the week I've had it, I've cleaned & detailed both the interior & exterior.  I also went over the engine as it was stumbling on acceleration a bit when I drove it home.  Found a few small things wrong (plug gaps & coil wiring issues), made the fixes, & now the engine runs strong.  Also replaced the original brake master cylinder with a new unit & flushed/bled the brakes.

When Ken takes possession of it from me, he's going to go over it in the final month before DCS.  He's going to address the frame/chassis & beautify the parts that I did not have time to get to in a week's time.

The winner of this car is going to get a very SOLID example of a Delorean & will be able to drive it with confidence.

Justin
VIN 02075

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, KKoncelik <kKoncelik@...> wrote:

> Hi
> Well the raffle car is out and its a bit later than we hoped but the response has been good so we still look to make the minimum sales.  Sales this past week once we released photos has been very brisk.
>
> Note:  It appears that due to State Laws in both KY and OH that since this car is not titled to me as the last two cars are and it will be transferred from Bernie to the winner.  The Sales Tax on the car will probably have to be paid by DeLorean Car Show this time.  In the past I buy the car pay the tax then give it away.
> In this instance the law requires the raffle sponsor to pay the tax for a car not owned by itself.
> So you get a break so if the tax was an issue its not now.
> You get the title and the show will reimburse the sales tax.
> We are still checking on this but that is what it appears at this point.
> Now that is a deal you cannot pass.
> Federal taxes and laws still apply.
>
> There are a lot of photos now out there and some videos some showing the car as it first came out of shall we say hibernation and the next few days as it got cleaned up and run a bit.  Its now running very smooth and as you can see it looks great.
> Its a five speed gray interior.
>
> This is a nice car.  Its definitely the nicest car we have given away so far so if you want a chance to win it you have to enter first.
>
> Also remember to sign up for the car show.  At this point ticket sales are out doing registrations so lets get going.
>
> We have a special cruise in Going on Thursday in Lexigton at the local Hooters after the dinner and our cruise in.
> Brandon Moody will be updating that in the next few days.
>
> Also the Bus tour has taken off and there are about 40 seats left so if you want to go on the Lexington Bus tour I strongly suggest you register now so as not to miss it.
>
> More this weekend.
>
> One hint for those of you up north.  The next show will be farther away hint hint.
> Not saying how far but take advantage this location especially those of you in Ohio, Pa, Mi, IL, IN and WI
>
> See you in Lexington.
>

> Ken

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional