[DML] Re: automatic transmission?

The vacuum modulator is not a line pressure regulator. It does what it says, it modulates the line pressure in response to vacuum. It does it for only a very short time, just long enough for the transmission to shift. By lowering the line pressure momentarily it makes for a softer shift by letting the clutchpacks slip a little. It has no effect on WHEN the transmission shifts, only how. The shift points are affected by:
1) if it is an upshift or a downshift
2) the throttle position
3) vehicle speed
4) position of the gearshift lever
David Teitelbaum

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Harold" <hmcelraft@...> wrote:

> Also, the pressure regulator knows if the engine is under load or not via the vacuum line.
>
> Harold McElraft - 3354
>

> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita@> wrote:
> >

> > They all do it - the little lever on the alternator of the governor
> > is connected to the throttle wire.
> >
> > The more you puhs the pedal, the less voltage is generated and the
> > later it shifts.
> >
> > Elvis & 6548
> >

> > > Do you know if the new design knows if you are accelerating or
> > > decelerating?  And adjusts the shift points accordingly?
> > >

> > --
> > GRATIS für alle GMX-Mitglieder: Die maxdome Movie-FLAT!
> > Jetzt freischalten unter http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/maxdome01

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: