[DML] Re: 1982 DeLoren for Sale

FYI...That used to be James Espey's former car back in the days when he was running the DMCNEWS and before becoming VP of DMCH..I just remember that vin because it was simular to my old vin # of 00570

Claude
1024
Bric

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, John Strothers <charvel5150@...> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to post an ad to sell my 1982 DMC-12.  The VIN is 10570, 5
> speed manual transmission, grey interior.  Price is $23,000.  Below
> is the text of the ad.  Please email/call with any questions:
> charvel5150@..., 859-583-7332
>
> Thanks.
>
> Here's the text of the ad:
>
> 1982 DeLorean DMC-12
>
> VIN 10570
>
> Mileage 46,641
> Purchased from DMC Houston March 2007
>
> 5 speed Manual Transmission
> Clutch replaced November 2007
> Grey interior
> DMC replica wide side stripes
> Alpine AM/FM/CD and premium Speakers with Ipod cable
> Eibach suspension
> Braided stainless steel brake lines
> Stainless overflow bottle
> All Manuals
> Extensive documentation of work performed on the car
> DMC Leather Seat Covers replaced Feb 2007
> Black DMC Floor Mats ? March 2007
> New Door Seals ? Feb 2007
> Michelin Pilot Tires in very good shape
>
> Recent work performed (during my ownership)
> Replaced the Clutch, transmission seal, oil pan seal November 2007
> New DMC Logo Cargo Shelf rug ? grey April 2007
> New Black leather transmission shifter boot March 2007
> New lower speed cable and angle drive replaced in Feb 2008.
>
> 140 mile speedo shows 46,643 miles.  The car had a 140 MPH speed
> installed (it reads 43,643 miles and stays with the car).  I replaced
> it with a remanufactured 80 MPH speedo, it has 2,988 miles for the
> actual mileage of 46,641.  This is not joke, the mileage is real.  I
> have put two angle drives on this car, which are notorious for
> failing.  Each time, I didn't drive the car until I had a new angle
> drive ? all angle drives came from DMC Houston.  Beware of sellers
> claiming low mileage on their cars ? many report low mileage.  But
> beware, many owners don't replace a failed angle drive.
>
> Issues none ? the car runs great and looks awesome.  The stainless is
> in excellent shape.  The hood is the flat 1982 hood.  I bought this
> car to drive, not sit on my garage.  I drove it home from DMC Houston
> to Stanford KY with no issues.  I drive it to work about twice a week
> in the spring summer fall (about 20 miles round trip).  It is easily
> a daily driver ? I have two small kids so I don't get the chance to
> drive every day.
>
> I'm selling as we're moving to Miami and will not have the room for a
> third car.  Having said that, I love the car and do not have to part
> with it.  So my price is fair and firm.
>
> I am aware of two imperfections: the engine compartment light is
> out.  It needs to be rewired ? the wire is there, I just haven't
> gotten to it yet.  Second, the binnacle has a 2 inch crack along the
> left side facing the door.  You can't see it sitting in the car ? you
> have to open the door and then look.  DMC Houston now has binnacles
> available for purchase.

> [...]

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: