[DML] Re: Used frame available?

Investigate what it will take to repair the frame you have. If it is very bad you may have to remove the body and mechanical parts anyway. If it is not all that bad you may be able to do repairs with minimal work. Might work out cheaper if you don't have to take the whole car apart. When you figure freight, all of the new parts you will put into a frame-off job, and the time, repairing your frame may be the best way to go. The hardest part will be finding the right place to have the work done. Maybe a shop that specializes in frame repair? Do NOT try your neighborhood auto body shop. You might be able to save some money by offering to do any mechanical disassembly yourself.
David Teitelbaum

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "aaron_t_graham" <aaron_t_graham@...> wrote:

> Still no word on a frame.
>
> I contacted Bryan at Pearce Design and it turns out he sold his last frame just before I requested one. He doesn't know when (or if) they'll ever make more.
>
> So my Delorean is DOA until I get a new frame. Based on the advice of my mechanic, I'm not comfortable driving it in its current condition.
>
> Any advice? Should I just sell it for parts? How often do good used frames become available?
>
> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "aaron_t_graham" <aaron_t_graham@> wrote:
> >
> > I'm looking for a Delorean frame. I might get the stainless one. I haven't decided yet. I'd like to know if there are any good used frames out there.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)