[DML] Re: manual transmission oil change

[DML] Re: manual transmission oil change

As David suggested, BOTH of my plugs were in tight!  I didn't have the "right" socket with the square hole.  An open end wrench started to round it off & a vise-grip did no better.  I stopped before damaging the plug too much.  This is when I got the GatorGrip...& was impressed with how well it worked!  It got it easily!

Justin

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty@...> wrote:

> If anyone does change plugs they *should* go with a magnetic drain plug. You do not need two, the level plug does not have to be magnetic. Pull the plug you now have. It may already be a magnetic plug. On some cars the plugs are really in there very tightly. It is almost impossible to get them loose without the "special" tool. There have been some owners who removed the drain plug and dropped the oil out and then when they tried to pull the level plug found it was in there VERY tightly! At that point that level plug REALLY has to come out so you can get the oil back in!!!!!!! My advice would be to pull the level plug first. If you can't, at least you can stop what you are doing and the car is still drivable till you can get that level plug out.
> David Teitelbaum

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: