[DML] Re: Museum Deloreans

The first draft of the Deloreans in Museums list is done, but I don't know how to post an attachment here, so you can get a copy at DMCTalk at:
http://www.dmctalk.com/showthread.php?p=227078#post227078

Or email me and I will send you a copy directly.

I have information on 52 cars that are confirmed, or probably, on public display in various museums around the world. It is a work in progress as some information is still outstanding.

I posted the original request on 10 Delorean forums around the world and have been amazed at the response that I have received from owners across the globe. Thank You everybody in the Delorean Community.

Where available I have shown websites for the museums, which should be clickable from within the document, so you can get addresses, phone numbers, opening hours etc. A few have direct links to the cars themselves.

I have written to each museum requesting confirmation that the Delorean is still on public display as well as any other information that they may care to share. In the final list, I will try and indicate which ones are confirmed in 2010.

There are many open items that I have and if anyone is visiting any of the museums with a "Vin??" or "?/?" notation, please help me fill in the blanks (or ?)

In particular I would appreciate a visit to the "Backing up Classics" in Concord NC, and Bewleys City Car Garage in Greenville TN to confirm that the facilities actually still exist and whether they have a car. Anyone near the Blackhawk in Danville CA should check it out as it looks to be an amazing collection. (I have other international requests, but will post them on the appropriate countries forum)

I have also included information on locations that previously displayed Deloreans, just for completeness.

So if you have a trip planned this summer, you can maybe include a Delorean viewing in case you are getting withdrawal symptoms

Btw, Bob Brandys gets a gold star for a claimed visit to 15 cars, while James Espey gets the silver with 7.

thanks

Dermot

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dmc2743" <dmc2743@...> wrote:

> Quick update.