RE: [DML] Optima Yellow Top/Battery Disconnect

John, Thanks for the reply. I did not intend to say that I only use the car two or three times a year----I likely will use the disconnect only two or three times a year. Admittedly I should drive the car more than I do. My goal has been to use close to a tank of gas each month but sometimes our winter weather in Virginia deters that. This period of bad weather is when I will disconect the battery. I will also use it when attending an indoor car show that requires the battery to be disconnected.  Rod 10921

--- On Mon, 3/15/10, John Hervey <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: John Hervey <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [DML] Optima Yellow Top/Battery Disconnect
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, March 15, 2010, 6:54 PM

Rod, If you only use the car 2 or 3 times a year then there is the problem
with the batteries not holding up. Batteries un used start to degenerated 30
days of non use and will go flat or near flat. Then if you try to charge it
back up it won't have the capacity. Regular batteries have to be used like
your everyday car batteries is used or they will go dead. The normal
everyday car or truck batteries can last up to five years if attended to
properly.
John Hervey
www.deloreanautopar ts.com