[DML] Re: Ethanol in fuel

Toulene and Acetone are toxic and EXTREMELY flammable. In large quantities they are explosive. So is gasoline! Handle all with great care and protective equipment. The problem with adding "precise" quantities is that IMHO there is little to be gained but mess up on the "precise quantities" and you can have dangerous consequences. If your car was to have a fire and the insurance company found out about your "experiment" I wonder if they would pay on the claim?
David Teitelbaum

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "twinenginedmc12" <rhg@...> wrote:

> I have experimented with acetone and toluene as an additive.  Found both to make the engine run smoother, and both to dissolve contaminants, and subsequently redeposit them in the carburetor.  Had to disassemble it to render it functional again.  After the toluene experiment, I had to reline the tank.  Abandoned it.
>
> The addition of "a small, but precise amount" of anything in fuel to improve MPG, or emissions, or burnability, or any other parameter, is a suspect concept from the start.  If there's a cheap way to get more performance out of the fuel from additives, you can bet the fuel companies have done it already.  There is little room for improvement by the general public.
>
> I saw your earlier claims about fuel economy, and view them with grave skepticism.  I believe you are either deluded, or dishonest.
>
> Acetone is quite toxic.  It should be handled with care.
>
> Regards,
>
> Rick.
>

> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "christiankuest" <christiankuest@> wrote:
> >
> > To John Hervey and anyone else with an interest or contribution.
> >
> > You may have read some recent posts regarding the use of a very small but precise amount of Acetone in gas to improve MPG, lower emissions, etc.  My suggestion to use it got some VERY understandable and welcomed  resistance.  It's was an opportunity to learn more.  And I agreed that IF there is a car/engine/fuel system out there that WOULD suffer damage due to Acetone destroying certian types of rubber and plastic along with other things... the DeLorean is probably it. (Paint not being much of and issue in this case, ha ha.)  However, after reading the very valuable info you shared about Ethanol.  It appears YOU are the one we should have all been looking to.  So, by all means may we have your take on Acetone? And for that matter, anything else you might want to share.  THANKYOU so much for making the rest of us smarter thru sharing your expertise.  I am printing all your replies for my DeLorean project book.
> >
> > Christian Kuest
> > Las Vegas Nv.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional