[DML] Re: Non-ethanol fuel

I HAVE opened accumulators and the large rubber diaphram inside is black rubber, probably butile. Not very resistant to Ethanol. If they go much above E-10 it will probably destroy most older car's fuel systems. As it is now if you use the car even irregularly, you will be much better off than if the car is "stored". Older "wisdom" was to store a car with a full tank of fuel to prevent condensation. With today's fuels that advice is no longer valid. As Dave S says, "drive it or drain it". I would also recommend removing the battery and keeping it in a warm place.
David Teitelbaum

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "John Hervey" <john@...> wrote:

> Cecil,
> I have never opened an accumulator up new or old but just knowing that gas
> plus additives going thru them it would be made out of Nitrile just like the
> FP boot to be able to hold up. This is why I say don't put additives in our
> fuel system. If you think the car isn't running right or it just doesn't
> have the spunk it should then the injectors may need to be cleaned out of
> the car as I do.
> John Hervey
> www.deloreanautoparts.com

<*> Your email settings: