Re: [DML] Non-ethanol fuel

I replaced the accumulator in my personal car probably 10 years ago. The same one is still in there and still working (as is my original fuel distributor and almost everything else but the pump). Illinois has been running 10% ethanol fuel since probably 1982, and I have not seen any ill effects on any of my cars. I think what the "old car community" is crying about is that when it's first introduced in an area you get some crap breaking loose and causing problems, but in normal continuous use I have not seen it be a big deal.

E10 has a very poor shelf life so if you park the car things go bad much faster. Which happens to be a very common occurence with collector cars.

Last summer I opened up my tank for the first time since 1998 or so. It looked just like when I put it together back then. The trick is that I drive the car enough that the gas never gets more than a few months old.

I can definitely tell the difference between an Illinois car and an out-of-state car when going into the tank for the first time after it's been parked for 10+ years. Ethanol gas is hydroscopic, and the steel tank components will be very rusty compared to a car parked with "real" gas.

Drive it or drain it!

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Cecil Longwisch <dmc82@...> wrote:

> Are ther eany issues with ethanol and the valving in the fuel accumulator?
>
> Cecil Longwisch

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: