[DML] FOR SALE- 1981 Delorean vin 4920 in NorCal 5spd Gray Interior 59K

[DML] FOR SALE- 1981 Delorean vin 4920 in NorCal 5spd Gray Interior 59K miles 30K

1981 Delorean DMC-12 vin 4920 Oct 81 59,000 miles

Features/Options : Stainless Steel body panels w brushed look, Fiberglass underbody, Steel epoxy coated back-bone frame, Classic Gull wing doors, multi link suspension (design by lotus), rack n pinion non power steering, 5pd manual transmission, Grey Leather interior, power windows, power door locks, alarm system w/3 remotes, power mirrors, 2.8 L all aluminum V-6 Engine (mounted in rear)w/approx 140 Hp, stainless Steel exhaust system, 14x6"/15x8" Alloy wheels, Air conditioning.

This Oct 81 Delorean also has the correct signature features such as a grooved hood w/no flap, rear 1/4 panel antenna, working dash digital console clock, door pull straps in handle, and Silver painted wheels. Check Wiki Delorean to learn more and why this is important! Deloreans of this month are valued higher due to the fact the factory ( which was only in operation 2 years) produced more cars, at greater quality, than any other month during its production. This car also has all the factory improvements that were introduced during the production run in 1981.

This is a very well sorted out and very good running very well maintained Delorean. I doubt you will find a cleaner car that's an original ( not rebuilt) that is this well sorted out and with all the modern updates.

This Delorean has been a northern California car all its life, and is exceptionally clean, inside and out and UNDER.

I will provide a list of all the modern updates that have been installed on this car, plus all the REQUIRED maintenance that a 28 yr old car would need + More for serious interested parties.

Quick summary of whats been done- Suspension refurbishment/updates, lowering springs/shocks, Brakes overhaul, fluild, pads, rotors, clean up, Cooling system updates and improvements, silicone hoses, etc, top end engine overhaul/freshening, water pump/ignition, vacuum lines, fuel lines. etc... interior updates, fresh powdercoated rims, new tires, updated headlights/tailights, Exhaust system replacement to full sport stainless system, replacement steering column/rack/bushings, + More

Ive had several other Delorean owners drive my car, and they all say its the best sorted and handing one out there that they've seen/driven. This car won 2nd at DCSwest Delorean show in a class that had 10 cars, and peoples choice. Took 1st in a classic car show in 80's class against 5 Deloreans. It was also chosen for the DEC 2007 issue of Robb Report. Some say this car has the best combination of modern replacement parts and the original stock look and a boost in performance that is still bolt-on street/smog legal.

It starts every time hot or cold and pulls strong on the road. Tracks straight on the road, great passing power, handles very well, being, low to the ground. Loves to cruise all day long on the hwy at 70mph. Everything on it works, all the gauges. the interior is a 9/10, its clean, has no tears or major signs of wear. All the rubber around the doors is good. All the struts that hold open the doors, hood and engine hatch are all good. The body is good, no major dents or scratches, again a 9/10. There are some very small dings/light dents on the car. The brushed finish is good. The black painted sections- vents, bumpers, around windshield, louvers, engine cover etc is excellent, no fading. The wheels were fresh powder coated in 2009. glass is good, no chips or cracks. paint on facias is original and no fading or cracks. no engine leaks or transmission leaks. all exterior lights work and all other electrical options word, oil pressure, cooling fans, electric windows, fuel gauge, etc. By summer, A/C prob needs a recharge. Sony in dash cd with 6 disc changer.

I have VERY detailed records of all work I performed in the last two and a half years and all receipts from the Previous owner going back to yr 2000. More than $40,000 has been spent on this car over the years in refurbishment costs. Proof of all this is well represented in the cars condition and the fact it has reliably traveled 40K+ miles in the last ten years.

Ive got a car cover and full set of repair manuals to go with it, plus any original parts that Ive taken off. Which includes the original exhaust. Also have the original owners manual and some dealership brochures+ plus a cleaning kit.

I last smogged the car in July for the bi-annual test. There was no issues. A local Delorean specialty shop is available for inspections if you choose. Car Fax shows one mileage issue that was a typo.
Past failures to smog were a result of an old Cat which was replaced long ago.

There are many other Deloreans out there right now, but none of them compare to this one. This is simply one the most well sorted out D out there.

My asking price is $30,000 firm. I am located in San Jose.

Many more pictures are available by request, but I suggest if you are interested that you schedule a viewing with me and test drive. You will want this Delorean.

email at csmcgrn_AT_comcast_dot_net   (no underscores in actual address

Go here to view Cars.com listing and the carfax.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?listingId=37604515

Go here on YouTube to view 5 videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KmraSxbbmc   exterior
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tzqhGXIB5M  mechanics 1