[DML] Installation of overdrive trans or adapter kit for the DeLorean

[DML] Installation of overdrive trans or adapter kit for the DeLorean

Does anybody have info/experience with mod.ing the existing auto trans or installing a completely different trans with overdrive in the DeLorean?

Also, answer to a posting regarding getting past 85 to 88mph. The tips below will also just make the car run a whole lot better with and increase in MPG.
-- We know not nearly all of the fuel sent to the combustion chambers is burned in a DeLorean or any other car of that approx. age.  The fuel is already in the chamber, you might as well burn it.  Here are a few options:

INCREASE SPARK ENERGY- Start with say a set of Taylor Pro-10mm wires and quite simply allow 1000's of additional volts that are already being produced by the coil to actually make it to the plug.  Also insure your plugs don't merely just fit...  Insure they are the proper heat range.  Bosch makes plugs that have fit all 6 of my Vettes.  Not one of them was the right heat range.  Go to an aftermarket coil(s) or at least a new 2010 technology replacement for the PRV.  Insure you DON'T just pick one that seems like the best.  Read some comparison tests on the internet PROVING which coil really is best.  And then there is always the option of going to and entirely new ignition from someone like MSD which actually optimizes itself for EACH cylinder.

INCREASE THE FUELS ABILITY TO PROPERLY VAPORIZE/AUTOMIZE- I have been adding a very small, precise amount of Acetone to each tank of gas for 5 years now.  Some people have been doing it for 50.  You YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING and how to optimize the mixture for YOUR car... but it absolutely works.  Expect 15-35% increase in MPG.  Aside from the octane of Acetone being 150... It enables your fuel to automize VERY efficiently.  And NO, it has not hurt my or anybody elses fuel seals, etc.  It will damage paint and other items on contact.  Car fuel seals are made out of GOOD rubber and plastic designed to deal with chemical additives in fuel.  Also note that pretty much all of the  really good fuel system cleaners, MPG improvers like "B-12 Chemtool" use Acetone. My Vettes have all had a huge increase in MPG and the emissions are in the dirt compared to stock. (as in very low) As you might guess they all ran/run a little better too.  Like they had a fresh tune up every day.  Using my factory installed MPG computer and going without Acetone every so often to PROVE it works. I have experienced:  16-18mpg combo, 21-26mpg highway without Acetone.  Thats exactly what it is supposed to get.  With Acetone I get 20-21mpg combo, 29-32mpg highway.  I use 4-1/4 oz. per 18 gal of fuel.  I pay about $12.00 a gal for the Acetone. And I have never had a problem with the way the vehicle runs or parts breaking because of it.  Those who say it doesn't work never really tested it.

Last, Check into bolt-on Water/Methanol injection kits from "Snow Performance"  Very interesting.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)