RE: [DML] DMC and Trademarks

Richard - one of the key tenets of trademark law is that once you have a trademark, you have to defend it.  If you let anyone use it willy-nilly, you can lose exclusive right to use the trademark..  This is why every company that wants to use DMCH's trademark has to have a signed agreement with DMCH to do so.  Even if DMCH charges nothing for that company to use the logo, they still have to have the agreement.

--
Mike

-------------- Original message from "DarkStar Media" <darkstarmedia@xxxxxxxxxxx>: --------------

> As I asked for an official response from DMCH, I would like to thank James
> for issuing an official response.
>
> I have met Stephen Wynne and he has always been a very nice person and has
> done a lot for the marquee and I also thank him for his efforts.
>
> I also hope that you read Marc Levy's comments and consider them as more
> than just rabble rousing. When I have talked to other owners about this
> topic they have echoed some of the same thoughts that while DMCH and Stephen
> Wynne were in some sense saviors of the marquee DMCH has started to become
> the 900lb litigious gorilla in the room. Bragging that you claim to have
> spent so much on IP does not help your case.

[snip]

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: